NSA relevant: Die katholische Kirche kontrolliert das höchste US-Gericht| News that matters
Die katholische Kirche kontrolliert das höchste US-Gericht – NSA relevant
Secret FISA Court (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court) :
- The top secret rules that allow NSA to use US data without a warrant – Guardian
- More Independence for the FISA Court – NYT
- Fisa court warrant authorising NSA surveillance procedures – full document – Guardian
- US-Bundesrichter erklärt NSA-Telefonüberwachung für legal – Zeit
- Empfang der Kirchen für höchste Bundesgerichte in Karlsruhe – EKD spricht über „Salafisten, Atheisten und Co“ – glaubeaktuell.net
US Supreme Court:
Roman Catholics control the
The US Supreme Court is made up of six Roman Catholics, two Jews and Justice Stevens.
Professor Stone, of the University of Chicago, learned this in 2007 when he wrote an opinion article in The Chicago Tribune after the Supreme Court upheld the federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act in Gonzales v. Carhart.
«Here is a painfully awkward observation: All five justices in the majority in Gonzales are Roman Catholic», Professor Stone wrote. «The four justices who are not all followed clear and settled precedent».
«Given the nature of the issue, the strength of the relevant precedent, and the inadequacy of the court’s reasoning, the question of religion», he went on, «is too obvious to ignore»
Professor Stone said he was surprised by the vehement criticism that followed. Catholics in particular, he recalled in an interview, said the religion of the justices should be off limits. One Catholic, Justice Antonin Scalia, was especially furious about the questions raised in Professor Stone’s article.
«I had been pleased and sort of proud that Americans didn’t pay attention» to religion, he said in an interview with Joan Biskupic for her recent biography of him, «American Original». «It isn’t religion that divides us anymore». ………